Draft Outline: DC2006 paper
Building a Registry for Controlled Vocabularies: Draft Outline
- [ ] What kind of Registry are we building?
- [ ] Starting at the controlled vocabulary end - [ ] Focusing on full registry services - [ ] Contribution by batch or individual input - [ ] Full range of output mechanisms
- [ ] What are the challenges?
- [ ] Versioning: Vocabulary level and term level - [ ] Making the registry an integral part of the document/publish strategy for vocabulary managers (not just another task with no payback) - [ ] Building user interfaces that can be used by all levels of users, not just experts - [ ] Accepting batch input in many different formats - [ ] Building the 'distribution' pieces in distributed registry dream
- [ ] Is SKOS sifficient for these tasks?
- [ ] Local extensions needed for admin data that must be output (status) - [ ] Ref. Joe Tennis' paper about maintenance
- [ ] How will what we learn building this end of the registry inform
the other parts?