Feb. 7, 2007
Telecon Agenda and Notes, February 7, 2007
1. Proposal tasks begun or completed:
- Diane has begun the process of getting Cornell to allow us an off-campus overhead rate (memo sent to library financial officer)
- Diane has contacted the CUL sponsored program officer, and notified her that we'll be doing the extension and new proposal
- Diane has contacted Karen Henry to get her ideas on needed services
- Diane has spoken to Elaine Westbrooks from the library about getting costs for human evaluation and setting up transforms
- Stuart has a call with Diny later today which includes a conversation about talking to Lee Z.
2. Proposal tasks to do
- Determine where draft needs more work
- Articulate the "hub" idea and the other services can be exemplars (Jon will start?)
- Integrating the Ockham Registry in as the services registry portion (Jon)
- Need a new name for this: Metadata Services Coordinator?
- Services to teachers, including GEM (Stuart)
- Figure out what kinds of harvesting services are they interested in [see WBR#109 for discussion about what the NDR thinks it's doing] (Diane will ask Karen)
- Flesh out more fully the services we plan to propose [Question: should we shift focus more towards educational issues or keep things general?]
3. Set milestones and task assignments
- Support letters (need better narrative and summary before soliciting) by early March?
- Kim Lightle?
- Check benefit rates and salaries for me and Jon, feed to Stuart for budget, also raises, changes in rates, etc.
- Stuart will ask Alpha to ask NSF about limits on renewals, etc.