Jan. 18, 2006
Agenda & Notes, Jan. 18, 2006
1. Report from Jon on technology exploration. http://phoenix.ischool.washington.edu/wiki/index.php/Implementing_Technologies
- Jon discussed his process and conclusions in determining the best options for building the Registry and MMS.
2. Preliminary steps for harvesting data for Spotfire Analysis http://phoenix.ischool.washington.edu/wiki/index.php/HarvestSteps
- Jon explained the reasoning behind this piece of the process based on what had been available for NSDL.
- Diane, Diny and Stuart will be at the WebWise conference and we will meet--Diane will bring the PC laptop to demonstrate SpotFire.
- Stuart mentioned a possible project with the Dewey folks, Diane will send him a link to the MARC Classification Format
3. Beginning to think about a registry paper for DC2006. Diane has drafted an outline.
- Stuart will be doing an ASN paper for DC2006, but will work with Jon and Diane on the registry paper as well.