June 28, 2006
Agenda and Notes, June 28, 2006
1. Left over from last time:
Review of notification specifications and list of actors
Do we have any comments to add?
None--Stuart made all his comments last time.
2. Report from ALA (Diane)
- Discussions with staff from UW, NYPL, etc.
In general, Diane found quite a bit of interest on the part of research library people for the approach we're taking. It would be good to have a more coherent strategy for taking advantage of this interest. Diane will make contact with Karen Calhoun to see if a meeting to discuss this in more detail can be arranged.
- Highlights from the technical meetings (Top Tech Trends, etc.) See the Lita Blog for more good stuff
- Opportunities for ALA Midwinter 2007 (Seattle)
The LITA Standards Interest Group is interested in having us come speak about SKOS and the Registry at their meeting in Seattle for ALA Midwinter. Diane will talk to Joe about doing the first part of that.
3. General update on progress (Jon)
Jon says that not much progress has been made since he's been without power.
4. Where are we in getting GEM Vocabularies in? (Stuart)
Stuart will have time in the upcoming week to add some of the GEM Vocabularies.