Mar. 3, 2006
Agenda and Notes, Mar. 6, 2006
1. Confirm plans for meetings in Seattle (so Jon can book his flights)
Action item: Stuart will confirm with Diny tomorrow that Damon will be available for a meeting on Wed.
2. Diane and Jon continue to have different views of how users will want to/need to interact with the Registry. Diane thinks that there will be early and continuing need for a user interface supporting one-at-a-time input and update for terms; Jon feels that vocabulary owners will want to do as much file uploading as feasible. This difference of viewpoint is not necessarily a bad thing, since obviously some balance will be needed between these approaches, but it might be a good thing to open up the discussion a bit and test some assumptions.
Action item: Jon will update the blog with his POV, not necessarily a conflict that needs Solomon, but we need to articulate our plans and priorities.
3. Validation tables and create/update interface requirements table (Diane will distribute via email by Wed. COB)
Action item: Diane will send Joe Tennis a copy of the validation tables.
4. The server that Jon is setting up will have a fixed IP and at least initially host The Registry. Jon thinks that it might be useful for The Registry to have its own domain name so that the Registry can be relocated to a different IP transparently. For instance:
- metadataregistry.org $5.99
- metadataregistry.net $5.99
- metadataregistry.com $5.99
- metadataregistry.us $5.99
- metadataregistry.info $0.00
- Total: $23.96 (per year)
Action item: Jon will purchase the domains noted above.
5. SKOS email
We had some discussion about the implications of the discussion on the SKOS list vis a vis the points on the validation steps table. One question that it brings up is whether altLabels should have identifiers. Action item: Stuart will ask Melanie for details.
We had some discussion about the new elements added by Jon and Diane, which were deemed fine.