Oct. 5, 2005
Teleconference, Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2005
1. What do we need to get accomplished before and at our F2F meeting? From our Monday agenda:
Immediate next steps in preparation for meeting in Ithaca:
- Completion of first iteration of draft Use Cases Action item: Agreed Diane will have initial iteration done by next Wed. meeting
- We discussed briefly the new cases and whether adding/changing relationships should be broken out; decided it might be contextual.
* Begin work on RDF resource modeling * Agent class (stemming from Use Cases) * Organizations * Maintainers * Registry Managers * System Administrator * Visitor * Registered User * Organization Contact * SKOS (working vocabulary representation) * Concept Schemes * Concepts #Descriptive #Administrative ##Modelling versions
- Roles for all parties defined better, so we can make best use of individual capabilities and skills
- Tasks and dependencies set up so that we don't get stymied by duelling priorities, etc.
- Determining what triggers a new version, also requirements for semantic understanding--what are the policy questions? The implications?
- Use cases are focusing on project start, but we should attempt to flesh out where we want to go second year (Action item: Stuart will add use cases for Application Profiles)
- Triage in terms of which functions the most important for 'success' --leading to roadmap of the entire two years specifying which functions nice to have but less important, etc.
- Action item: Diane will ask DLESE and ENC for vocabularies we can put into SKOS/OWL as well as NSDL vocabularies (GEM).