Registering Services using the MR (draft)
Recent discussions about making related services available through the MR, as well as the need to manage ingest of augmented metadata, annotations, and exhibits, make it necessary to find some ways (preferably simple) to expand the available collection/item model to one that accommodates other categories. Ideally, these other categories would be simple, arbitrary and parallel in some ways to collection/item, so that specific metadata records can be included, excluded, highlighted or related as we determine need.
Option one allows for a simple expansion of the collection/item model to allow for a service record to be entered at the collection level to enable ingest of item level data. The assumptions for that sort of record might be:
- Creation would be as a collection record using slightly different defaults/descriptive conventions
- Elements and default values for a service might be:
- GEM categories but perhaps not LCSH?
- Descriptions of services would include service boundaries, methodologies, etc. (do we need more than one level of description, one for display to the public?)
- Identifier could link to a website with extended information about the service, or a site where extended interaction with the service is provided (or both, ref. DC UB discussion on identifier)
- Use one DCMIType = Service (is status as collection also inferred from membership in Collections or do we need both Type values?)
- No Format? (Isn’t format irrelevant here?)
- Possible Issue: what if iVia supplies LCC for three collections only (all collections don't need the LCC added, perhaps). How do we track which collections need/have iVia augmentations? Do we need to? Do we want to? (think about identifying metadata NEEDING augmentation to a service, as well as how to match the supplied augmentations with the appropriate MR data over multiple iterations of updates, both of the original metadata and the augmentations, in any order.)
- Display to users who want to see services or to all? How confusing would this be? (We could exclude as a class from display, if we wished)
- Augmented metadata and/or annotations would be harvested as items [Should they have any defaulted type category to identify them and allow inclusion/exclusion? Or would relation to a service record rather than a collection record do some of this for us?] We could use the NSDLType list for this; XML schema already exists and it's already legal in nsdl_dc. Note that as of 4/22/04, the only two NSDLTypes are "Exhibit" and "News", but it is set up like the GEM schema and so it is easy to add new NSDLTypes.
- What about brands? Where would a brand link lead? Would we need a different default for service brands?
- [need examples] Aska services, ENC, iVia, etc. (May need in particular to describe use of sets)
- Elements and default values for a service might be:
- Specify separate schema (meaning record type?) for services distinct from collections [look up WSDL requirements and see how they relate to this?]
- Use one DCMIType = Service (separate schema will necessitate this level of separation from collections?)
- Display to users would depend on whether there was adequate descriptive data to support display
- Other issues same as Option 1
- This seems to fit into the issues we’ve identified for annotations? (e.g. is the collection record for annotations a service record?
- Do we need a general record type for annotation items (in addition to the specific annotation types in the draft format), as well as for augmentations and exhibits? Does this imply that Services always need a special flavor of item? (Item/annotation, item/augmentation, item/exhibit?)
* Q: will annotations have some sort of aggregation (collection) record? * A: yes, and the aggregation record will have metadata pertaining to the annotation service from which we harvest annotation records ...
Excuse for my post but I do not have money to buy meal to my children. Forgive me please. pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy fioricet/buy-fioricet.html pharmacy pharmacy adlinks/Fioricet/buy_fioricet.htm pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy renova wellbutrin claritin zyrtec zoloft prilosec valtrex prozac imitrex buspar valtrex tadalafil nexium retin celexa buspar imitrex acyclovir flonase lexapro sildenafil yasmin zoloft paxil order phentermine order phentermine online phentermine phentermine 37 5 phentermine 37 5 mg phentermine 90 00 phentermine adipex phentermine canada phentermine capsule phentermine cod phentermine consultation phentermine diet phentermine diet medication phentermine diet pill phentermine effects phentermine florida phentermine for sale phentermine forum phentermine free shipping phentermine hcl phentermine hydrochloride phentermine info phentermine information phentermine ingredient phentermine ionamin phentermine low price phentermine message board phentermine mississippi phentermine missouri phentermine new york phentermine no prescription phentermine ohio phentermine on line phentermine online phentermine online pharmacy phentermine pharmacy phentermine picture phentermine pill phentermine prescription phentermine prescription online phentermine price phentermine prozac phentermine result phentermine review phentermine risk phentermine side affect phentermine side effects phentermine success story phentermine tablet phentermine texas phentermine to puerto rico phentermine virginia phentermine virginia west phentermine washington phentermine weight loss phentermine wisconsin phentermine yellow purchase phentermine xenical hgh phentermine quit smoking detox 3d genital valium affect side valium as as good valerian valium buy cheap valium buy valium buy valium diazepam buy valium online buy valium online without a prescription buy valium without prescription buying valium canada valium canadian online pharmacy valium cat valium cheap valium cheapest valium description valium discount valium dj valium dosages valium drug testing for valium drug valium effects forum valium fda valium free consultation valium generic valium generic valium picture herbal valium history of valium how long does valium stay in your system injecting valium international pharmacy online valium mexican valium mortgage valium mylan valium online pharmacy valium online prescription valium order valium order valium line order valium online picture pill valium poker valium prescription valium purchase valium purchase valium online roche valium rosario castellanos valium 10 snorting valium symptom valium withdrawal valium valium 10mg valium 5mg valium abuse valium addiction valium alternative valium and alcohol valium buying online valium cod valium definition valium diazepam valium dosage valium dose valium drug test valium effects valium fact valium for dog valium forum